New England Law | Boston provides many options for acquiring international experience, including summer and semester abroad programs and international legal externships. Students can receive credit for legal coursework from approved overseas institutions and gain hands-on experience through work on international topics.
Offered in Galway (Ireland), London (UK), Valletta (Malta), Prague (Czech Republic), and Santiago (Chile), these programs focus on different aspects of international and comparative law.
To learn more about the summer abroad program courses, distinguished faculty, host institutions, weekend travel, and cultural opportunities, explore the links and videos below.
- Irish Centre for Human Rights, National University of Ireland, Galway, will be offered Saturday, May 26, to Saturday, June 23, 2018 (Watch the video)
- London Study Centre, London (Watch the video)
- Foundation for International Studies, University of Malta, Valletta (Watch the video)
- Charles University Faculty of Law, Prague (Watch the video)
- Justice in the Americas, Santiago, Chile (Watch the video)
For further information on Summer Abroad programs, please contact Professor Monica Teixeira de Sousa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-422-7271.
University of Aarhus, Denmark
Aarhus is Denmark’s second-largest city, and the University of Aarhus is the second-largest university in Denmark. Study abroad students may enroll in any course at the University of Aarhus School of Law, and each semester several courses are taught in English. The university arranges a pre-semester, three-and-a-half-week course in Danish language and culture for students from abroad. The school helps students find lodging.
University of Leiden, the Netherlands
The Netherlands is famous for its cheese, tulips, windmills, and cycling. Dutch is the official language, but English is spoken or understood by most Dutch people. Leiden University Law School is just nine miles from The Hague and its several international courts and tribunals. A variety of law courses are taught in English each semester, providing study abroad students the opportunity to delve into international law topics and immerse themselves in Dutch and European culture.
For further information on Semester Abroad programs, please contact Director of Student Services Jacqui Pilgrim at email@example.com or 617-422-7401.
International Legal Externships
Semester-long externships overseas and in Washington, DC, are available through New England Law’s Center for International Law and Policy for academic credit at:
Learn More About Our International Externships
- The International Criminal Court (The Hague, Netherlands)
- The Special Tribunal for Lebanon at The Hague
- The US State Department’s Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor
- The US State Department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration, Office of Policy and Resource Planning
- The International Bar Association (London or Washington, DC)